(Bentonville, AR) February 14, 2022 – Bike School Bentonville, Ozark Outdoor Foundation in conjunction with OZ Trails presented by MooseJaw announce the return of mountain bike short track racing to Northwest Arkansas. Known in North America as the Town Series, this community mountain bike event returns with weekly races starting on Thursday, March 31 and continuing each Thursday for six consecutive weeks. The race venue is located at the Ironhead property off Ford Springs Road east of Slaughter Pen trail system.
Open to all ages and abilities, the 1-mile MTB circuit course suits all: young kids with a strider or bike, junior riders, NICA Student Athletes, Women’s A, B, C and Men’s A, B & C riders/racers. E-Bike Category again this year!
The OZ Trails Town Series presented by MooseJaw gives the community a taste of different racing forms and increase your time spent on a bike. Come join us, get a jump start on your summer fitness, and, most importantly, have a blast with like minded individuals who also love to ride.
- Race 1 - March 31 | Register for Race 1 - $10 | Course Map (Run Clockwise) | Results
- Race 2 - April 7 | Register for Race 2 - $10 | Course Map (Run CounterClockwise) | Results
- Race 3 - April 14 | Register for Race 3 - $10 | Course Map (Run Clockwise) | Results
- Race 4 - April 21 | Register for Race 4 - $10 | Course Map (Run CounterClockwise) | Results
- Race 5 - April 28 | Register for Race 5 - $10 | Results
- Race 6 -
May 5Postponed to May 12 | Register for Race 6 - $10 | Results
- Proof of USAC License is required for racing. One day license is available onsite for $10. Yearly junior licenses are FREE - under 18 should do that!
- Online registration closes the night before the race at 5 pm.
- Onsite registration closes 30 minutes before the start time of the category.
- Race plates will be reused for the series. If we need to reissue you a new race plate, it will be a $5 charge
- Dinner will be available onsite for $5. 3/31 is McClard's BBQ, 4/7 is Snack Lab
Start Times & Race Duration
for STXC (Short Track):
3:00 pm - Day of/Onsite Registration Open, Course open for pre-ride
4:30 pm - Juniors 9-12 (10 min - full course). Young Riders (5 min, kids course)
4:45 pm - Junior Boys 13-18 (20 min)
5:05 pm - Junior Girls 13-18 & Women’s C (20 min)
5:25 pm - Men’s C & Open Team Relay (2 people) (20 min)
5:45 pm - Men’s B (25 min)
6:10 pm - Women’s B & Women’s E-bike (25 min)
6:35 pm - Men’s E-bike (25 min)
7:00 pm - Men’s A (30 min)
7:00 pm - Women’s A (30 min) (30 sec. following start of men)
COVID-19 EVENT PROTOCOLS FOR Spring 2022
The OZ Trails Town Series Short Track is committed to putting on a safe race environment and will be adhering to C.D.C., Arkansas State and U.S.A. Cycling best practices.
The following pages depict some of the protocols that will be in place to help with participant and staff safety. Please note, as the COVID situation continues to develop the protocol may also change. The final protocol will be shared with all participants day of the of the event.
If you are sick stay home, regardless if it is COVID related or not. Stay home if you have any COVID symptoms or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID or you yourself have tested positive within 5 days of any Town Series events. Please follow all event signage and staff instruction while at the event. Respect the volunteers and staff -don’t hassle us for enforcing rules that are for everyone’s well-being.