Introduction to Slaughter Pen Tours
Saturdays 10:00 am - 11:00 am, March 11 - October 28
FREE! Presented by:
- 45-60 minute introduction to Slaughter Pen with professional mountain bike coaches & guides.
- Meet at the north side of Lawrence Plaza.
- Guided tour finishes at the Bike School Bentonville Trailer.
- Riders choose their own route on the trails or greenway back to the town square.
- Tour will weave on and off All-American (dirt) and the greenway (paved bike path) and is designed for beginner riders. 3 miles long one-way.
- Will stop at interesting points to help orient participants and show them where the fun things are to ride and how to get there, however, will not actually take them to or on all the cool things during the tour.
- Beginner friendly ride, suitable for kids but not tailored to kids. E-MTB friendly.
Where to we guide?
- Slaughter Pen
- Blowing Springs
- Back 40
- Little Sugar
Participants will need their own mountain bike, helmet, and water bottle carrier to participate. Bikes need to have front and back wheel brakes on the handle bars (no pedal brakes or kickstands allowed). Tires must have tread and be wide enough to ride safely on mountain bike trails.
Trail Kids classes are ages 7 – 13, beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups based on ability, fitness, age, and friend request – friends who are of different riding abilities may not be placed together).
Ride Time is for for ages 13-17, beginner to advanced abilities are welcome. The focus of ride time is getting more time riding the trails in a coached environment.