BIKE SCHOOL BENTONVILLE SUMMER 2022!
WEEKEND 1 OR 2 DAY CAMPS
TRAIL KIDS Weekend Camps are a fun way for kids to spend a morning or two in Bentonville and progress their mountain bike skills. We will have three levels of riders available - Green, Blue, and Black. Find out more about what level to register for HERE. Cost is $150 for the 1 day / 3 hour session and $280 for 2 days.
- Who: Riders 7-13 years old
- What: Fun morning or afternoon on the trails at Slaughter Pen with trained coaches.
- Where: Slaughter Pen Trails - meet at our training space on North Walton.
- Why: Fun! Friends! Progression!
5 DAY SUMMER CAMP
Bike School Bentonville 5 Day Summer Camp is for kids 7-13. Summer camp is all about fun, adventure, and skills building. Riders will be grouped into age and skill appropriate groups and spend the week with trained coaches who will take them all around Bentonville and Bella Vista trails.
Registration is open. Cost is $350 for the five day session.
- Who: Kids 7-13, any range of ability. Riders must be able to comfortably ride a bike and have a trail-suitable bike with knobby tires and hand brakes.
- When: June 20-24 or July 11-15. 9 am to 12 pm
- Where: Meeting location is the BSB Field. Parking will be in the parking lot at 2900 NW A Street, Bentonville and the field is just over the bridge north of the Hidden Springs Diagnostic Center.
- If you are registering two or more kids, you may use the coupon code Sibling50 for $50 off the registration.
- For information on scholarships, please email [email protected]
About Trail Kids Classes
TRAIL KIDS classes offer mountain bike programs for beginner to advanced riders. Youth ages 7-13 will explore the single-track trails at Slaughter Pen Trails while gaining skills they can use for a lifetime! The focus of the mountain bike program is to have fun, meet new friends, and build confidence riding the single track trails. The programs offer mixed gender coaching groups based on riding ability level and meet twice a week to offer significant progression and fun over the course of the classes.
8 Week Monday/Wednesday Evening Session
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
August 29 - October 19
Rainout sessions October 24, 26, November 2
Weekly Sessions - Mountain Bike Skills
During practice sessions, youth will be coached by trained Bike School Bentonville coaches on a variety of mountain bike skills so they can become safe and confident riders. Fundamental Skills include:
- Ready/neutral position for descending hills
- Side/Side bike body separation
- Pedaling/shifting efficiently
- Controlling speed and braking safely
- Cornering confidently
- Handling obstacles and rocky terrain
- Riding with vision
- Ratcheting and momentum
Participants will be tested at the end of the session on different bike skills and will be able to move up in levels if they progress through additional tests throughout the season. For a full description of our mountain bike skill level progression, view the TRAIL KIDS MTB Skill Level Guide.
Participants will need their own mountain bike, helmet, and water bottle carrier to participate. Bikes need to have front and back wheel brakes on the handle bars (no pedal brakes or kickstands allowed). Tires must have tread and be wide enough to ride safely on mountain bike trails.
Ages 7 – 13, beginner to advanced abilities welcome (we split into different coaching groups based on ability, fitness, age, and friend request – friends who are of different riding abilities may not be placed together). We do not have programs for kids 6 years of age and under, so please do not register them until they turn seven years old. If your child has good biking skills and is mature enough we may consider them to start early, but you must contact the program director first at [email protected]